Head of the department of Egyptology, Ancient Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
Humanities Building, Room 7715. Office Hours: By appointment
Full Professor at the Institute of Archaeology. Egyptologist - researcher of Ancient Egypt, Honorary professor at Göttingen University, Germany.
- Definition of the role of linguistic registers in New Kingdom texts, The classifier system of the Egyptian hieroglyphs and its parallelism to other classification systems in various languages of the world.
- The genesis of the alphabet through the Egyptian hieroglyphs.
- Semiotics of the Egyptian pictorial scripts.
- Socio-Linguistic issues in the grammar of Ramesside Egyptian,
- Hieratic and hieroglyphic inscriptions in Canaan/.
- Canaanite-Egyptian relations during the Late Bronze Age.
- Co-editor of the series - Classification and Categorization in Ancient Egypt, Göttinger Orientforschoungen IV. Reihe Ägypten 38 (Harrassowitz Verlag)
- Vice chair, European COST Action A31 "Stability and Adaptation of Classification Systems in Cross-Cultural Perspective" (scientific committees, conferences planning and organization, various lectures)
- Reviewer, School of Advanced Studies, Princeton
- Representative of Israel in the International Association for Semiotic Studies.
The Classification of Semetic Loanwords in Egyptian Script in New Kingdom Egypt; Research project funded by ISF (Israeli Science Foundation), 2017-2020, PI Prof. Orly Goldwasser - Project website - iclassifier