Research Interests: Old World prehistory, The Lower and Middle Pleistocene, Morpho-technology and typology of stone artifacts, The Acheulian and Mousterian Technocomplexes, Paleoclimate, paleoenvironment and paleoecology of the Great African Rift Valley, The evolution of human behavior, Site formation processes, Human dispersals and colonization: Out of Africa, Pre-Pottery Neolithic quarries.
- Head of Israel Science Foundation "Centers of Excellence" grant entitled: The effect of climate change on the environment and hominins of the Upper Jordan Valley between ca. 800Ka and 700Ka ago as a basis for prediction of future scenarios.
- Taphonomy of large mammals at Gesher Benot Ya'aqov; with R. Rabinovich, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJ), S. Gaudzinski-Windheuser and Lutz Kindler, R×¦misch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum Mainz, Germany (German-Israeli Foundation - GIF)
- Evidence of fire and its possible control at Gesher Benot Ya'aqov; with N. Alperson-Afil (HUJ)
- Evidence of controlled fire and thermoluminescence dating at the Acheulian site of Gesher Benot Ya'aqov; with D. Richter, Max Planck, Leipzig, Germany [GIF])
- Paleoenvironmental reconstruction of the Early-Middle Pleistocene Hula Valley: a multidisciplinary study of stable isotopes and paleontology; with S. Ashkenazi, B. Spiro and H. Mienes (HUJ)
- Reconstruction of the Early-Middle Pleistocene Hula Valley vegetation and the hominid diet - the paleobotanical remains; with Y. Melamed and M. E. Kislev (Bar-Ilan University)
- The ichthyological assemblages (taxonomy and paleoecology) of Gesher Benot Ya'aqov; with I. Zohar (HUJ)
- The Acheulian lithic assemblages of Gesher Benot Ya'aqov with N. Alperson-Afil and G. Sharon (HUJ)
- A database of Acheulian sites in Israel; with N. Alperson-Afil (HUJ)
- Beyond biface morphology: a new approach (3D) to the analysis of biface morphotype variability; with G. Sharon, L. Grosman and U. Smilansky (HUJ)
- 3D digitized archive of the bifacial tools of Gesher Benot Ya'aqov; with G. Sharon (HUJ)
- Pre-Pottery Neolithic quarries - the case of Kaizer Hill, Modi'in; with L. Grosman (HUJ)