- 2014. “The Myth of the ’Ôsar in Second Temple Period Ritual Baths: An Anachronistic Interpretation of a Modern-Era Innovation," Journal of Jewish Studies 64, 263–283.
- 2014. “Jewish Ritual Baths in Judaea-Palaestina” (review of Ronny Reich, Miqwa’ot [Jewish Ritual Baths] in the Second Temple, Mishnaic and Talmudic Periods), Journal of Roman Archaeology 27, 858–861.
- 2014. “Tosefta Shabbat 1:14 – ‘Come and See the Extent to Which Purity Had Spread’: An Archaeological Perspective on the Historical Background to a Late Tannaitic Passage,” in Talmuda de-Eretz Israel: Archaeology and the Rabbis in Late Antique Palestine (ed. Steven Fine and Aaron Koller; Studia Judaica. Forschungen zur Wissenschaft des Judentums 73; Berlin: Walter De Gruyter), 63–82.
- 2013. “Religion, Judaism: Purity in the Roman Period,” in The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible and Archaeology (eds. Daniel Master et al.; vol. 2; Oxford: Oxford University Press), 240–249.
- 2011. “The Content and Order of the Scriptural Passages in Tefillin: A Reexamination of the Early Rabbinic Sources in Light of the Evidence from the Judean Desert,” in Halakhah in Light of Epigraphy (eds. Albert I. Baumgarten et al.; Journal of Ancient Judaism Supplement Series 3; Göttingen: Vandenhoeck and Ruprecht), 205–229.
- 2011. Review of Yehudah B. Cohn, Tangled up in Text: Tefillin and the Ancient World, Zion 76: 383–387 [Hebrew].
- 2010. David Amit and Yonatan Adler, “The Observance of Ritual Purity after 70 C.E.: A Reevaluation of the Evidence in Light of Recent Archaeological Discoveries,” in “Follow the Wise” (B. Sanhedrin 32b): Studies in Jewish History and Culture in Honor of Lee I. Levine (eds. Ze’ev Weiss et al.; Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns), 121–143.
- 2010. David Amit and Yonatan Adler, “Miqwa’ot in the Necropolis of Beth She‘arim,” Israel Exploration Journal 60: 72–88.
- 2009. “Ritual Baths Adjacent to Tombs: An Analysis of the Archaeological Evidence in Light of the Halakhic Sources,” Journal for the Study of Judaism 40: 55–73.
- 2008. “The Ancient Synagogue and the Ritual Bath: The Archaeological Evidence and its Relevance to an Early Rabbinic Enactment,” Cathedra 128: 51–72 [Hebrew].
- 2008. “Second Temple Period Ritual Baths Adjacent to Agricultural Installations: The Archaeological Evidence in Light of the Halakhic Sources” Journal of Jewish Studies 59: 62–72.
- 2008. “The Temple Willow-Branch Ritual Depicted on Bar Kokhba Denarii,” Israel Numismatic Journal 16: 129–133.
- 2007. “Identifying Sectarian Characteristics in the Phylacteries from Qumran,” Revue de Qumran 89: 79–92.
- 2007. “Representations of the Temple Menorah in Ancient Jewish Art in Light of Rabbinic Halakhah and Archaeological Finds,” Recent Innovations in the Study of Jerusalem 13: 161–172 [Hebrew; English abstract: 26*–27*].
- 2007. “The Observance of Ritual Purity Laws in the Agricultural Industry of the Land of Israel during the Second Temple and Mishnaic Periods,” Jerusalem and Eretz-Israel – A Journal for Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology: Yehuda Feliks Memorial Volume 4–5: 59–83 [Hebrew; English abstract: pp. 6*–7*].
- 2007. David Amit and Yonatan Adler, “Revisiting the 1913–1914 Weill Expedition: Recent Excavations in the City of David,” City of David: Studies of Ancient Jerusalem 2: 69–81 [Hebrew].
- 2006. “The Ritual Baths Near the Temple Mount and Extra-Purification Before Entering the Temple Courts: A Reply to Eyal Regev,” Israel Exploration Journal 56: 209–215.
- Forthcoming (2014). “Ancient Miqwa’ot: Archaeology, Early Halakhah, and What’s in Between” (review of Ronny Reich, Miqwa’ot [Jewish Ritual Baths] in the Second Temple, Mishnaic and Talmudic Periods), Cathedra 154 [Hebrew]).
- Forthcoming. “Mishnah Tractate Miqva’ot: Translation and Commentary.” In The Mishnah: An Annotated Translation, edited by Shaye J. D. Cohen, Hayim Lapin and Robert Goldenberg. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Forthcoming. Amit, David and Adler, Yonatan. “The Stone Vessels.” In The Port Town of Ancient Jaffa during the Persian-Byzantine Periods: The Jacob Kaplan Excavations at Jaffa, edited by Orit Tsuf. Israel Antiquities Authority Reports. Jerusalem: Israel Antiquities Authority.
- Forthcoming. “The Miqwa’ot”. In Excavations at the Site of the Jerusalem International Convention Center (Binyanã Ha-’Uma–Crowne Plaza Hotel) 2009-2010: Pottery Workshops from the Second Century BCE to the Second Century CE near Jerusalem, Volume I, edited by Ron Beeri and Danit Levi. Israel Antiquities Authority Reports. Jerusalem: Israel Antiquities Authority.
- Forthcoming. “The Distribution of Tefillin Finds among the Judean Desert Caves,” in The History of the Caves of Qumran (ed. Marcello Fidanzio; Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah; Leiden: Brill).
- Forthcoming. “Chalk Vessels from the City-Dump of Early Roman Jerusalem (City of David, Area D3)”.
- Forthcoming. Gadot, Yuval and Adler, Yonatan, “A Quantitative Analysis of Jewish Chalk Vessel Frequencies in Early Roman Jerusalem: A View from the City’s Garbage Dump”.
- Forthcoming. “Jerusalem as the Focal Point of Ritual Purity Observance in the Late Second Temple Period: A Reappraisal in View of Recent Archaeological Research”.
- 2012. “Archaeological Views: At the Interface between Archaeology and Texts,” Biblical Archaeology Review 38/6: 26: 74.
- 2005. Birur Halakhah on Tractate Hagigah of the Babylonian Talmud (Jerusalem: The Halakhah Berurah and Berur Halakhah Institute) [Hebrew].
- 2004. “The Pool of Siloam as a Pilgrimage Landmark: A New Interpretation of a Passage in the Jerusalem Talmud,” Sinai 134: 160–167 [Hebrew].
- 2004. “Archaeological Evidence in the Halakhic Decision Making Process,” Techumin 24: 495–504 [Hebrew].
- 2003. “The Value of Coinage during the Tannaitic Era,” Techumin 23: 404–412 [Hebrew].
- 2002. “The Site of the Burning of the Red Heifer,” Techumin 22: 537–542 [Hebrew].