Institute of Archaeology Institute of Archaeology
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
About the Institute Academic Programs Departments & Units People Excavations Events & Seminars Exhibits Publications Library
Departments
Prehistoric Archaeology
  Staff & Students
Archaeology of the Biblical Period
Classical Archaeology
Civilizations of the Ancient Near East

Units
Computerized Archaeology
Restoration & Conservation
Graphic Documentation
Collections

Prof. A. Nigel Goring-Morris

Photographs and Figures:

Nahal Hava

Nahal Hava
General view of the PPNB campsite in Nahal Hava
Nahal Hava
One of the structures at Nahal Hava
Nahal Hava
The crew at Nahal Hava
Nahal Hava
Our camp at Nahal Hava

Nahal Lavan

Nahal Lavan
General view of Nahal Lavan 1021 knapping site in the western Negev dunes
Nahal Lavan
Systematic collection of the knapped assemblage at Nahal Lavan 1021
Nahal Lavan
Refitted bidirectional (Naviform) blade core from Nahal Lavan 1021

Nahal Besor

Nahal Besor
General view of excavations at Natufian Upper Besor VI (centre)
Nahal Besor
Large stone-lined Early Natufian structure at Upper Besor VI
Nahal Besor
Early Natufian bedrock mortar and work table in large structure structure at Upper Besor VI
Nahal Besor
Early or Late Natufian engraved muller from Upper Besor VI. (Photo G. Laron)
Nahal Besor
Early Natufian Helwan retouched lunate from Upper Besor VI

Nahal Neqarot

Nahal Neqarot
General view of the Nahal Neqarot rockshelter
Nahal Neqarot
Close-up of the Ramonian and Late Natufian levels in Nahal Neqarot rockshelter beneath later massive roof collapse.

Nahal Issaron

Nahal Issaron
General view across Biqat Uvda with the Neolithic site of Nahal Issaron prior to excavation in the centre of the alluvial fan
Nahal Issaron
The excavated structures at Neolithic Nahal Issaron at the end of excavations
Nahal Issaron
Grinding slab and mullers from PPNB level at Nahal Issaron
Nahal Issaron
Borers and arrowheads from PPNB levels at Nahal Issaron. (Photo Z. Radovan)
Nahal Issaron
Arrowheads from Late Neolithic levels at Nahal Issaron. (Photo Z. Radovan)