Prof. A. Nigel Goring-Morris
PhD 1986, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Old World Prehistory.
- Upper Palaeolithic and Epipalaeolithic Hunter-Gatherers to Farmers and Herders in the Near East.
- Mortuary Practices.
- Late Quaternary Prehistoric Adaptations in Arid Lands.
- Chipped Stone Tool Technology and Typology.
Recent Research Projects
- Kfar HaHoresh - A Pre-Pottery Neolithic B cult and mortuary site in the Nazareth hills, lower Galilee. Project is ongoing since 1991.
- Nahal Hava - A Pre-Pottery Neolithic hunting camp in the central Negev. Excavations in 2010.
- Nahal Lavan 1021 - A Pre-Pottery Neolithic B knapping site in the western Negev dunes. (co-director with O. Barzilai). Excavations conducted in 2005.
- Nahal Besor VI - A Natufian base-camp site in the central Negev. Excavations conducted in 1995.
- Nahal Neqarot - An Epipalaeolithic Rockshelter in the Negev (co-director with A. Belfer-Cohen, I. Gilead & S. Rosen). Excavations conducted in 1991.
- Technological Studies of Upper Palaeolithic, Epipalaeolithic and Neolithic Assemblages from the Western Negev Based on Refitting.
- Publication of the Excavations by the Late Tamar Noy at Gilgal in the Lower Jordan Valley (with O. Bar-Yosef & A. Gopher).
- Publication of the Emergency Archaeological Survey of the Negev Excavations. The results of surveys and excavations (1979-1984) in:
the Western Negev Dunes (Nahal Nizzana, Nahal Lavan, Holot Shunera, Nahal Sekher, Hamifgash); Har Qeren (with S. A. Rosen); Ramat Matred (with I. Gilead);
Ain Qadis (with A. Gopher & S. A. Rosen); Har Harif (with A. Gopher); Maktesh Ramon (with S. A. Rosen); Nahal Issaron (with A. Gopher).
- "Religion as the Basis for Power and Property in the First Civilizations" 2009-2011. Invited participation in the Templeton project at Neolithic Catalhoyuk, Turkey, directed by I. Hodder (Stanford University, USA).
- The Quaternary: Upper Palaeolithic and Epipalaeolithic Periods in the Levant.
- The Development of Complex Societies in the Near East.
- Chipped Stone Tool technology and Typology.
- The Prehistory of Death.
- The Ethnoarchaeology of Hunter-Gatherers
- The Prehistory of the American Southwest
- The Prehistory of the Negev (3 day field trip)
Sorin Hermon - graduated 1996; Hamudi Khalaily - graduated 1999; Naomi Korn - graduated 2000; Ofer Marder (with A. Belfer-Cohen) - graduated 1994
Michal Birkenfeld - graduated 2009; Rebecca Biton (with Y. Goren) - graduated 2010; Lena Brailovski - ongoing; Neta Mitki - ongoing
Ofer Marder - graduated 2002; Omry Barzilai - graduated 2009; Michal Birkenfeld - ongoing; David Eitam (with A. Belfer-Cohen) - ongoing