Archaeology of the Biblical Period
Staff & Students
Civilizations of the Ancient Near East
Restoration & Conservation
Dr. Uzi Leibner
Recent publications (last 5 years):
Settlement and History in Hellenistic, Roman, and Byzantine Galilee: An Archaeological Survey of Eastern Galilee, Mohr Siebeck; Tubingen 2009.
- Excavations at Khirbet Wadi Hamam (Lower Galilee): the synagogue and the settlement,' Journal of Roman Archaeology 23 (2010), pp. 220-238.
- (With S. Miller) A figural mosaic in the synagogue at Khirbet Wadi Hamam,' Journal of Roman Archaeology 23 (2010), pp. 239-264.
- 'Arts and Crafts, Manufacture and Production', in C. Hezser (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Jewish Daily Life in Roman Palestine, Oxford Univ. Press. 2010, pp. 264-296.
- 'Settlement Patterns in the Eastern Galilee: Implications Regarding the Transformation of Rabbinic Culture in Late Antiquity', in Jewish Identities in Antiquity: Studies in Memory of Menaham Stern, Ed. by L. I. Levine and D. R. Schwartz, Tubingen 2009.
- 'Settlement and Demography in Late Roman and Byzantine Eastern Galilee', in A.S. Levine and P. Pellegrini (eds.), Settlements and Demography in the Near East in Late Antiquity, Biblioteca Di Mediterraneo Antico,2, Pisa and Rome 2006, pp. 105-130. (also published in Hebrew in: Man Near a Roman Arch: studies presented to Prof. Yoram Tsafrir, Ed. by L. Di Segni, Y. Hirschfeld, J. Patrich and R. Talgam, Jerusalem 2009, pp. 14-28).
- 'Identifying Gennesar on the Sea of Galilee', Journal of Roman Archaeology 19 (2006), pp. 229-245.
- 'A Galilean-Geographical Midrash on the Journey of Job's Servant-Lads,' Cathedra 120 (2006), pp. 33-54 (Hebrew).