Dr. Jan Gunneweg
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Ph.D. 1980, Hebrew University
Provenance studies of ancient pottery by instrumental neutron activation analysis (INAA) and of textiles by Synchrotron Radiation and High Power Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) at the ESRF at Grenoble’s ESRF.
- INAA project with M. Balla at the nuclear reactor at Budapest on the provenance of the jars of Qumran on the Dead Sea. http://micro5.mscc.huji.ac.il/~msjan/archaeom.html
- INAA project with M. Balla, R. Cohen and Y .Israel on the Edomite pottery found in the road shrines of Khirbet Qitmit, ‘Ain Hazeva and Khirbet el-Mudayna.
- Data bank handling of analytical INAA data obtained at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, Berkeley, California
- Project with M. Pantos at Daresbury Laboratory, UK, on the finishing of ancient pottery, such as slips and glazes.
- Textile dating, identification of fibers and pigments with M. Pantos (UK), A. Adriaens and P. Vandenabeele (Raman at Gent), J. van der Plicht (Carbon 14 AMS, Groningen), J. Wouters (HPLC, Brussels).
See also http://micro5.mscc.huji.ac.il/~msjan/archaeom.html