Archaeology of the Biblical Period
Staff & Students
Civilizations of the Ancient Near East
Restoration & Conservation
Advisors: Prof. Joseph Patrich and Prof. Steven Kaplan
M.A. thesis topic: The archaeological manifestations of the Kindom of Axum's conversion to Christianity
Areas of Interest:
- Ethiopian Axumite and Post-Axumite archaeology
- Islamic Archaeology
- Publication of Islamic ceramics from the Yattir excavations, conducted by Prof. Hanan Eshel, Prof. Jodi Magness and Eli Shenhav (Bar-Ilan University), under the guidance of Dr. Katia Cyrtyn-Silverman.
- Publication of Islamic marble fragments discovered at the White Mosque, Ramla.
- 2011: Ceramics specialist - The New Tiberias Excavation Project, directed by Dr. Katia Cytryn-Silverman (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem).
- 2010: Area supervisor - The Seglamien Excavation Project (near Axum, Ethiopia), directed by Prof. Rodolfo Fattovich (Naples University).
- 2009: Assistant area supervisor - The New Tiberias Excavation Project, directed by Dr. Katia Cytryn-Silverman (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem).