Dr. Sharon Zuckerman
The Institute of Archaeology mourns the untimely death of Dr. Sharon Zuckerman (1965-2014).
Sharon Zuckerman passed away on November 29, 2014.
Ph.D. summa cum laude 2003, Hebrew University
- Near Eastern archaeology: the Southern Levant in the Bronze Age
- Interconnections in the Eastern Mediterranean in the Bronze Age
- Archaeology of the Aegean region and its influence on the Levant
- Publication of the renewed excavations at Hazor (the Bronze Age)
- Production Centers and Distribution Patterns of KKW in the Southern Levant:
A Typological and Petrographic Perspective (with Adi Esudri-Ziv and Anat Cohen-Weinberger of the Israel Antiquities Authority)
- A Study of Aegean/Levantine Trade Patterns in the Late Bronze Age:
Provenancing Imported Mycenaean Pottery from Canaan by Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA): Funded by the Fritz Thyssen Stiftung (Germany).
- The Middle Bronze Age Temple at Nahariya: Towards an Archaeology of Canaanite Cult and Ritual. Final publication of the Ben-Dor and Dothan excavations (1947, 1954-5):
Funded by the Leon Levy - Shelby White Program (Harvard).
- The Rise and Decline of a Canaanite Kingdom: A view from the Lower City of Hazor: Funded by the Israel Science Foundation.
The Hazor Excavations Web Page