Prof. Ilan Sharon
Ph.D. 1996, Hebrew University
- Archaeological method and theory
- Computers, mathematics, statistics in archaeology
- The Iron Age in the Levant
- Excavation: Tel Dor Expedition (Director); with Haifa University, Weizmann Institute, University of California, Berkeley; University of Washington, Seattle; Pennsylvania State University.
- The Hellenization of the Levant (with A. Stewart and B. Martin, University of California, Berkeley; S. Stroup, University of Washington, Seattle). Funding: The Getty Foundation.
- Mathematical characterization of artifact profiles (with A. Gilboa, Haifa University; U. Smilanski, Weizmann Institute; and I. Saragusti, A. Karasik, T. Goldman postdoctoral scholars and students). Funding: Bikura.
- Absolute dating of the early Iron Age in Israel (with A. Gilboa, Haifa University; E. Boaretto, Weizmann Institute). Funding: ISF.
Advanced Students and their Research:
- Leore Grossman (with Anna Belfer-Cohen). Mathematical modeling of the beginning of agriculture in the Levant.
- David Ben Shlomo (with Aren Maeir, Bar Ilan University). Pottery production centers in Philistia in the Iron Age a provenience study.
- Avshalom Karasik (with Uzy Smilansky, Weizmann Institute and Ayelet Gilboa, Haifa University). Computerized typology of ceramics.
- Svetlana Matskevich (with Catriel Beeri School of Library Science and Informatics). Archaeological documentation and meta-models electronic publication of archaeological excavation reports.
- S. Rebecca Martin (at University of California, Berkeley with Andrew Stewart). Dor as a case study for the Hellenization of the Levant.
- Talia Goldman (with Uzy Smilansky, Weizmann Institute and Ayelet Gilboa Haifa University). Stylistic change in pottery forms cognitive factors and motor habit patterns.
- Yiftah Shalev (with Ehud Netzer). Town planning at Dor in the PersianRoman periods.
Short Curriculum Vitae
List of Publications